Sunday, August 10, 2008

BEIJING


I've really been enjoying the Olympics this year... I was thinking about why and I think it doesn't have much to do with sports...
Obviously, I like competition and these athletes are the best that this planet has to offer, but do I really care about volleyball? or backstroke (pause)? rowing - NOPE - yet, I'm watching the matches and enjoying them...
I think what I like about the Olympics is the interaction with the rest of the world... As Americans, we are very isolated from our peoples on other continents and in other countries... We're exposed to the war in Iraq and Victoria Beckham... Heading from NYC to Raleigh, NC (HI MOM) is roughly the distance btwn Barcelona (CAL PEP, HOLLA!) and Paris (Big up Oceana's Pop)... My point is, in Europe you can roll thru diff countries like we roll thru diff states...
anyways, whatevs... u get my drift... just wanted to share... Tune in and ENJOY!
HELL YUP!

No comments: